The Gemini Mine is adjacent and north from the Eureka Hill mine and adjacent to the east from the Bullion Beck mine. The ore bodies are similar to those of the Eureka Hill and Bullion Beck mines. The ore consists limestone bedded replacements, ore channels and mineralized breccia pipes. No reliable production records are available from the beginning of mine operation in 1886 until the Bureau of Mines began keeping records in 1900. Between 1900 and 1928—the date of the mine closure—from 444,000 tons of ore, the Gemini mine recovered 5,100 ounces of gold (.01 oz/ton); 10.4 million ounces of silver (23.5 oz/ton); 2.0 million lbs. copper (0.23%); and 107.7 million lbs. lead (12.1%). The Gemini shaft was sunk to a depth of 2,000 feet, and is currently open (recent television camera) to just below 1,000 ft. The Gemini mine was closed (at the same time as most other Main Tintic District mines were closed for general economic reasons and antiquated engineering. Much potential exists for discovery and development of large tonnages of profitable (mainly) silver ores.